BASAS for graduates and early career researchers
- Being part of the BASAS GEC community enables access to a large network of scholars.
- BASAS offers bursaries to students participating in its annual conferences
- A prize for best paper is awarded at the annual conference to graduates and early career researchers (see below for previous winners).
- The GEC network organises specific workshops for early career scholars. Topics have included: reviewing papers, writing an academic CV, preparing academic articles for peer review, turning your thesis into a book, accessing resources within the British Library and writing research grant project proposals. These sessions offer an opportunity for early career scholars to take advice and ask questions in an open and friendly environment with peers and experienced scholars. We welcome your suggestions for the kinds of workshops you would like to have on offer.
- Members of the GEC network can also sign up to a dedicated Facebook Group and as well as an email discussion list > a space for news of workshops, jobs and funding opportunities and discussion of research, fieldwork and career development – everything from the practical to the theoretical.