- Free online journal subscription to one of two leading South Asian studies journals: South Asian Studies or Contemporary South Asia.
- Online access for members to information about the latest jobs, funding and research opportunities.
- Regular newsletter updating you on recent developments in South Asian studies, opportunities and news from the BASAS community.
- Annual Conference for BASAS members only.
- Competitions and workshops open to BASAS members.
- Publicity platform for your latest research and publications, courses and opportunities.
- Online networking with BASAS members through the members directory.
- Graduate and Early Career Network support specific to the needs of postgraduates and early career researchers.
Pricing and Payment Methods
- Individual membership rate – £45
- Individual concessionary rate* – £25
Membership includes free online journal subscription to either Contemporary South Asia or South Asian Studies. Members have the option to receive both journals for an additional £15 per year.
- Payment online via PayPal
- Bank transfer
Payment by PayPal:
Payment by Bank Transfer:
Account Number: 00006793
Sort Code: 40-52-40
SWIFT Code: CAFB GB 21XXX
Please note the receipt sent via PayPal is your proof of payment from BASAS. If you are renewing your membership you may log into the Members’ Area to confirm changes to your member status shortly after having made your renewal. Membership fees are non-refundable. Applicants become members of the association once their application has been approved by the Council.