08 December 2016
CfP: Maratha-Mughal Relations: Through North-South Historical Linkage
Maratha-Mughal Relations: Through North-South Historical Linkage
Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Agra, U.P.,19-21 February 2017,
CfP deadline:15 December 2016
The north-south (Deccan) connections have always evoked respite and curiosity among scholars and commoners, ‘Maratha-Mughal Relations: Through North-South Historical linkage’ is an attempt to explore the historical connection through cultural, political and economic perspectives between two main regions of Indian Sub-continent i.e. The Great Indian Plains nurtured by river Ganges and river Yamuna and The Deccan Plateau cultures where civilizations’ were cradled on the banks of River Narmada, Godavari and Krishna.
The proposed conference intends to explore the North-Deccan/South historical connections through political and cultural facets. We invite scholars from the social sciences and humanities, as well as interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary research areas, to contribute paper proposals related to the above theme for this conference with following themes for paper abstracts and submission guidelines:
1) Mughal-Maratha relations: 1630-1857
2) Pre-Mughal entrants in Deccan
3) Socio-cultural connect between North and Deccan from 14th to 18th century
4) Maratha Sardars politico-cultural centers in India in 17th and 18th century
5) Economic and religious influence of Mughal-Maratha relations etc.
6) Maratha, Rajputs, Jat relations from sixteenth to the late nineteenth century.
7) Relationship between Mughal empires, regional power and British imperialists
8) Relation of power vis-à-vis religion caste, class and gender identities.
9) Papers on Agra division and all aspects related to Marathas are welcome.
The abstract to be submitted in 150-300 words in English with font size 12 in Times New Roman. The abstract should be submitted with a brief bio-note of the author by 15th December, 2016 to following email addresses:
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract Submission: 15th December2016
Acceptance for Abstract: 18th December 2016
Submission of full length paper: 10th January 2017
Registration for conference: 10th January 2017
(Registration fees details and conference services will be posted soon)